How and where do you get your DivX on? In your living room? On the subway? In your car? For a dozen years, people have turned to DivX to make their videos small and portable, while still playable at high quality. Now, thanks to DivX, you can watch a favorite movie or TV show practically anywhere. Here are 5 new ways to get your DivX on that I bet you didn’t know.
Read on to find out how you can win one of these DivX Certified devices!
#1 – Upgrade your TV
Philips SoundBar Home Cinema Speakers (model #CSS5123)
Get home cinema sound without wires and with HD video.
- Android-powered speaker system that wirelessly streams sound and video content from any PC or DLNA-enabled device to your TV
- DivX Plus HD Certified to play .divx, .avi, .mkv files up to 1080p
- Plays DivX video via DLNA or from your hard drive, USB drive or SD card
- U.S. availability coming soon
- Read the review on gizmag and the Philips datasheet (PDF, 1.18MB)
#2 – Turn your living room into a movie theater
LG LED Projector (model #LG HW300Y)
Set it and forget it. This projector weighs less than 3 pounds and its lamp will last for 30,000 hours (that’s 4 hours a day for 20 years!).
- Micro portable projector from LG has a contrast ratio of 2,000:1
- Certified to play .divx and .avi files up to 1080p
- Available in the U.S. and globally
- No PC needed! Plays DivX HD video right off a USB drive
#3 – Watch video on the go
Samsung Galaxy Player (model #YP-GS1)
Basically a Samsung Galaxy phone without the phone, this Android-powered digital media player lets you watch DivX video anywhere you want.
- Connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- Plays standard-definition .divx and .avi files
- Device also works as a fully functioning radio
- Widely available in U.S.
- Want to win one? Enter the contest below.
#4 – Get a Big. Ass. TV.
Sharp AQUOS 80″ LED TV (model #LC-80LE633U)
How big? Super big. A 80″ diagonal LED display is more than double that of a 55″ display.
- Certified to play DivX Plus HD (plays all formats of DivX video, including .mkv)
- Built-in Wi-Fi gets you connected to apps like Facebook and Twitter, and lets you stream content from Netflix and CinemaNow
- Play DivX video over DLNA or from a USB stick
#5 – Show how you roll
It’s easier than ever to buy a car that comes with a DivX video player
- In Subaru, Volvo, Land Rover, Toyota, Chrysler and GM vehicles like the Cadillac SRX Crossover (above) you can find in-car entertainment systems that play DivX video while you’re on the road
- DivX Certified in-car players are made by JVC, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer and Blaupunkt
- All in-car devices are certified to play standard-definition .divx and .avi files from disc, USB, SD card, or hard drive.
- Find an in-car player for DivX video now
And now for the contest…
The contest entry period has now ended. Congratulations to our winner, Nicole Bouchard of Elmont, New York!